I’ve been going through a lot these past few months and I think I was in complete denial about my mental state of health. It is exam time and I have written 4 so far… but… I messed up! I don’t think I am going to pass any of them, including my coding exam.
So what happened?
- I didn’t study
- I didn’t read
- I didn’t practice
I work full-time and I blog part-time and I study part-time. And of course, I have family obligations too. Essentially I didn’t manage my time well and before you knew it I was out of time and out of options and writing an exam that I couldn’t even pass, to begin with.
I’ve got to finish this degree by the end of 2020. That meas at least 5 modules per semester, with enough time to read and practice and do other stuff. So this means I got to sit down and figure out exactly how I am going to achieve this.
I’m going to have
How to bounce back
- Forgive yourself for your stupidity!
- Clearly define your goals for the next semester and following year
- Break it down into bite-size achievable nuggets of goodness
- Commit to doing this, make a schedule and stick to it
- Reward yourself with fun!! (maybe go watch a movie)
Any suggestions from those who have already walked this path? Drop some knowledge in the comments please.