Let me start by extending gratitude to @HomeOfUndersta1 from Twitter for nominating me for this award. You should definitely visit her lovely blog which covers a variety of topical issues e.g. mental health/society/self-care.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees about their nominations
1. What is the next place you want to visit/travel to?
Japan… especially during the cherry blossom season
2. How many books do you own (estimate is fine)?
I have stopped buying books because my bookcases creak under the large volumes I have acquired of the years. I’ve started to donate the books, keeping only an essential few.
3. Would you rather fight a polar bear or a crocodile?
I don’t want to fight either. They are both super scary and super good at tearing things apart. But if I have to choose I’d go crocodile… because maybe they would be more interested in soaking up the sun (Its Winter in South Africa)
4. When was the last time you did something spontaneous and what was it?
Today. We are going bowling… because why not do something you have never done before with people you have never met before #anxietymuch
5. Who do you look up to?
My Mom (who passed away last year)
6. What was the most beautiful place you have ever been to?
My Mom’s hugs! She hugged you when you visited her to say hello and goodbye. She hugged you when you were sick. She hugged you when you were happy or sad or angry. She just hugged you because she could. And that was the most beautiful place I will ever know.
7. What was the nicest compliment you ever gave?
You are beautiful
8. How many technical devices do you possess?
Laptop. Another laptop. Desktop. Smartphone (one in use and 7 retired). Tablet. Another tablet. Kindle. Raspberry Pi. Various monitors and keyboards and mouses. Headphones. External hard drives. USB flash drives. An external cd player.
Not sure if all of these count…
9. What is your favourite foreign cuisine?
Italian. I’m a pizza and pasta kinda girl. With a dash of coffee.
10. What is a song you would blast in the car with open windows in summer?
I’m walking on sunshine…
11. Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
Fate implies that choice is futile. No matter what you decide that your destiny has already been pre-determined. Every action just leads you further along the track laid out for you. Kinda sad. Because that implies that you cannot escape poverty or suffering or bad health or crap relationships. And I don’t like that. Having no control over your life is a super scary concept to someone with anxiety & depression. And yet… I do believe in Fate despite not liking the concept. Sigh!
- @MeditativeO blogging at THE SPOT
- @Choconwaffles blogging HERE
- @Gurru_Says blogging at STOP BY
- @Ami_T1995 blogging at VISIT ME
- @beardedigorblog blogging at VIEW THAT PAGE
- @UnwantedLife_Me blogging at THIS SPACE
- @steamblogger blogging SOMEWHERE
- @MichelleToale blogging at THAT WEBSITE
- @ItyBooks blogging at THIS LINK
- @KWilliamsread blogging at CLICK HERE
- and…. Shannon Staller
- What’s your favorite form of potato?
- If a movie were made about your life, who would play you?
- If you were a candy bar, which candy bar would you be?
- If you were a soup, which soup would you be?
- Are you tempted to take a one-way trip to Mars?
- What’s your favorite dinosaur?
- Would you rather live life with no inhibitions or live life with no stress?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
- What would be your weapon of choice?
- If you could be a fictional character, who would it be?